Monday 8 May 2017

Live fearless



A few days ago I was asked by my neighbor to take care of her daughter in her absence. I was very happy about it since I will be able to enjoy the unconditional  love and innocence . Accordingly, she dropped her kid  at our house and started.  I thought that the kid would cry but surprisingly she did not.  I played with her for quite some time until I was sure that she is comfortable with me. I gave her some snacks and turned on the TV.  She switched it into an animated show.

I just saw the title "the Boogie man"  and went away to finish off my work.  She was watching it. After sometime I returned.  She said that she want to change her dress. I asked her to bring her bag from the room.  She denied.  I asked her the reason.  She said that she is afraid of Boogie Man in the dark room.

I was curious to know about this Boogie Man.  So I asked her "who is it?".  She said "it is a dirt monster.  It will be hiding under the cot and it will come out if I go alone" I understood that it was the impact of the TV show that she was watching. I asked her "how to vanish it?".  She said "the hero of the show used a vacuum cleaner. That might work"

Looking at her innocence,  I smiled and I convinced her not to get scared and there is no such thing like a Boogie Man. I wanted her to come to reality and get rid of her fear. So I insisted her to bring it. After all, my efforts didn't fail.  She brought the bag from the room all by herself.  It was then that she understood that there is no such thing like a Boogie Man
Next day when I was changing the channel.  Co incidentally, the same show was being played again. I remembered what happened the other day and smiled.  I started thinking.  All of us will be giving  way to this thing called the Boogie Man that doesn't exist. That is nothing but fear.  Most of the times we will be thinking about certain events that will never happen and be scared about it. Even though we know that it is just an illusion.

In case of the kid,  it is the innocence and inability to distinguish between the reality and imagination.  But for the others it is all because of inability to live in present.  It is the inability to trust that we are all a part of big play and our role in each scene is fixed. Fear brings you down. It will stop you from taking a step ahead. It is a dirt in the mind. It will do nothing but pile up some negative thoughts. 

To vanish this dirt Monster - Boogie Man called fear,  all we need is a vacuum cleaner called trust.  Once we have done what we can, we should believe that the outcome will be what it should be. Ideally, the thing called fear doesn't exist at all.  We create it all by ourself and keep hiding from it. Let's not create it and let's not be afraid of it. 

|| Live fearless ||

No comments:

Post a Comment