Sunday 30 October 2016

From Darkness to Light



It was a busy day at work. As soon as I returned, there was an unplanned power shutdown. I was walking slowly through the stairs with the aid of dim light of the mobile. Unfortunately, the mobile switched off. With a great difficulty, I came up to the last step and I fell down. I was hurt, just physically. Before I got up from there, a thought entered into my mind like thunder and lightning in a silent, dark night.

With the mild pain and darkness around me, I managed to walk up to the couch and sat all alone thinking deeper about the thought that entered my mind with the pace of lightning. I closed my eyes for a while and opened it after sometime. The darkness around me was not so dark anymore. I felt as if my eyes were habituated to that. How easy it is for the body to get adapted to the things around! I wonder why it is not so easy for the mind.

Because of the darkness inside it, every day the mind falls and hurt itself thereby causing emotional breakdown. Tears break through the eyes and dries on our cheeks. The lie, envy, that ego, those thorns of the dried rose and that unreachable star will be sitting in the darker corner of the mind pushing us in to the dark well of sorrows, remembering those instances which caused pain.

In such a time, a ray of light is what it awaits for. The small twinkling star shining far far away keeps the hope alive. It says that light follows dark and happiness follows grief. Day follows night and everything will be alright, bright, lovely and colorful.  Dark night is required to understand the value of light. Likewise, Grief is required to understand the value of happiness. A positive thought is all it takes to turn grief into happiness.

A positive tweak about a brighter tomorrow dried that drop of tear at the edge of eyes before it fell onto the cheek. Meanwhile, the broken wire was fixed. The power was restored. Lights brightened the living room. This time I did not just saw the light. I experienced it. I experienced the pleasure of light that followed the darkness. It was a light that can enlighten the mind for a better tomorrow. Let’s walk from darkness to light. Let’s hope for a better tomorrow.


Wishing you a happy diwali

||Thamasoma jyothirgamaya||


No comments:

Post a Comment